Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Natural Parenting


Natural Parenting sounds like a funny term (to me at least), but it essentially is about raising a baby with awareness and following the natural rhythms of development with the baby. This is all very consistent with Traditional Chinese Medicine, although these ideas would be a given in most traditional cultures. Lori and I have come across some excellent resources that I'll cover in an ongoing, series of posts, interspersed with my regular posts on Chinese medicine, philosophy, nutrition, exercise and so on.

These are all things that we do with Lily and we have been amazed at the results. Of course, I find Lily amazing anyhow, but that's just me. I think that these are great resources for parents, grandparents, caretakers, and others interested in an awareness, communication based approach to raising kids.

The first post in this series will be on Elimination Communication or "EC." I'll have that up soon.