Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year



Happy New Year
from the Center for
Traditional Health Arts!


Wishing you health and happiness in 2015!

An Invitation to Tea
We have a lot coming up in 2015 with new classes, programs and more, all of which I'll email you about soon.

First though, I would like to invite you to share some tea with us.

Tea is important to me, as part of my daily life and as part of traditional Chinese culture and medicine. For me, it ranges from the simple daily ritual of puerh in the morning, to the social aspects of sharing tea, to the therapeutic use of specific teas for specific individuals at the office.

A couple of months ago I had the good fortune to have tea with Tommy Smith, Beth Meredith and Eric Storm. I’ve known Tommy for years and greatly respect his knowledge of tea (and coffee!). I was meeting Beth and Eric there for the first time, and over several pots of wonderful oolongs we chatted in the rambling way appropriate to tea. We discussed tea culture, our work (Beth and Eric are the owners of the business Create the Good Life and Tommy has over 10 years experience in tea, including being a tea consultant to the Zu Chang Tea Company) and the benefits that come from sharing tea.

Out of that afternoon comes this tea-talk on the Way of Tea and Health. It is an overview from the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine combined with a tea-tasting and discussion of three important types of tea: green tea, oolong (wulong) and puerh. I have all of the information below. Please note that there is no charge for this, but we are limited by space to 12 participants. Let me know if you can make it!

All my best,
Sean

The Way of Tea and Health within
Traditional Chinese Medicine

January 31st, 2:30-4:30
at the Center for Traditional Health Arts
5 Keller Street, Suite A • Petaluma CA 94952

A tea talk and tasting with Sean Fannin of the Center for Traditional Health Arts, Tommy Smith, tea consultant with Zu Chang Tea Company and Beth Meredith and Eric Storm of Create the Good Life.

We will be discussing the Way of Tea as a method of cultivating health in the greater sense as well as the specific usage and properties of green tea, oolong (wulong) and puerh within traditional Chinese medicine. We will be tasting a representative tea from each group as we discuss them.

Please RSVP to me sean@traditionalhealtharts.com or call (707) 763-8040.
Space is limited to 12 participants.

Please note that the tea talk and tasting is now full. Let me know if you would like to be on our waiting list. Thank you!